Amelia's Blog: Kids Food
Have some fun with the kids in the kitchen, put your aprons on and get them cooking! Everything from cupcakes, to nutritious main meals; there are plenty of fun kids recipes that are easy, quick and cheap.
Keep your little helpers involved, and get stuck in rolling out that pizza dough or spooning out that yummy cake mixture.
Fun, QUICK and EASY recipe ideas:
- Mini kids pancakes
- Homemade fruit ice lollies
- Fish cake balls
- Cake pops
- Pizza bites
- Mini sausage rolls
- Banana, chocolate pops
Our Baby pancakes are always a winner with the little ones. They are super nutritious, quick and fun for kids to get involved making. Check out the recipe below and give them a go!
Baby Buckwheat Pancake recipe (GF, V)
125g buckwheat flour
1tsp baking powder
1 tsp Cinnamon (optional)
2 tbsp of honey or maple syrup
1 egg, lightly beaten
- Sift the flour, baking powder and salt into a large bowl. In a separate bowl or jug, lightly whisk together the milk and egg.
- Pour the milk mixture into the flour mixture and, using a fork, beat until you have a smooth batter. Any lumps will soon disappear with a little mixing. Stir in the honey and then let the batter stand for a few minutes.
- Grab yourself a non-stick frying pan and warm over a medium heat, adding a knob of butter or oil. When the butter is melted, or the oil is heated through, add a ladle of batter (you can add two if your frying pan is big enough to cook two pancakes at the same time). When the top of the pancake begins to bubble, flip it over using something flat like a spatula or a fish slice and cook until both sides are golden brown and the pancake has risen slightly.
- Repeat until all the batter is used up. Serve with some fresh berries, yoghurt and a dash of maple syrup – delicious!
Be sure to check out our NEW Mini Meals menu at the Cube with our fun, funky “decorate your plate” design.