How Déda can help support your Artsmark Journey
Déda is a Creative Centre for Dance, Contemporary Circus and Outdoor Performance – connecting locally, nationally and internationally. We have three dance and/or aerial studios and a 124 seat Theatre. We also produce Derby Festé an annual international street arts festival. We are an Arts Council England National Portfolio organisation and a registered charity.
Our mission is to deliver an exceptional programme of dance, contemporary circus and outdoor performance to as wide an audience as possible and be recognised for our outstanding contribution in the field of dance development and learning
Déda is a member of the national Artsmark Partnership Programme. As part of our role in this we want to help support your Artsmark journey. We can do this in the following ways:
- Support your school leaders to work out how the arts and cultural education can help with your school improvement plan, striving for excellence and innovation in and through the arts
- Co-design your curriculum with you to make it exciting, engaging and inspiring for children and young people
- Enable you and other staff members to feel confident to try out new approaches to teaching and learning using the arts through bespoke CPD, training and mentoring
- Facilitate the active involvement of children and young people from your settings in the co-design of their cultural education experiences, including helping you with developing belonging and ownership as well as enabling children’s personal progression through opportunities such as Arts Award.
- Provide a range of experiences in dance and contemporary circus for the children and young people in your settings, which are authentic, positive and inclusive
- Ensure that we are working in partnership to provide high quality arts experiences for all children and young people, including those with protected characteristics and those of greatest need.
- Work with you on shared values such as promoting a diverse and lifelong love of learning and enjoyment of the arts and culture
- Act as a sign post to our own and other arts and cultural activities and providers in your locality, including the Derby Cultural Campus and in the wider East Midlands region