Lovely, helpful friendly staff. Couldn't do enough to make a great success of our partyVal, customer
Hire & Services / Hire Our Spaces / Technical Services / Festival Consulting / Education Consulting /
The CUBE café within Déda is the ideal venue to throw a private party or host a special occasion. With a fully licensed bar and a homemade catering offer that can be tailor made to your wishes and taste.
We regularly host; milestone birthday parties as well as offering a unique children's party packages. It is the perfect venue for intimate wedding receptions, retirement parties, naming ceremonies, office parties, gigs, networking events and social meet-ups.
We have a large array of unique entertainment options available and a friendly team that will take all the stress out of organizing an event.
Each party is handled by a designated party organiser who will advise and assist in the planning and organising of the event to ensure the smooth running of the party when the day comes. We aim to make it hassle free!
Prices start from £50 + VAT per evening from 6pm* with the option of a late bar
Find out more about our party and celebration packages available
*Terms and conditions apply.
To make a booking or discuss your hire requirements please contact our team on 01332 370911 or email [email protected]
Why choose us?
- Available to hire for bespoke events
- Fully Licensed with a selection of fine wines and real ales
- Monthly performance menus available
- Tailored catering packages
- Free on-site wi-fi
Can I hire your space?
Yes, our café bar is available to hire for parties, conferences and events. Prices start from £50 + VAT per evening from 6pm* (terms and Conditions apply). We can tailor-make a menu to suit you and your guests or you can choose from one of our delicious catering packages.
For more information about hiring the CUBE café|bar, contact us on 01332 374662 or via email
What times is your CUBE café|bar open?
Our CUBE café|bar is open as folllows:
- Monday: closed
- Tuesday: 10am - 7pm
- Wednesday: 10am - 7.30pm
- Thursday: 10am - 7pm (open late on event nights)
- Friday: 9am - 5pm (open late on event nights)
- Saturday: 9am - 5pm (open late on event nights)
Can I pre-order breakfast, lunch or dinner?
Yes just call our café|bar on 01332 374664 to check availability and book your table. Our bespoke range of menus includes shows boards and monthly performance menus which are perfect to accompany any of our What's On events. We also have a range of snack boxes, perfect for busy families and little ones. If you're looking for something to takeaway, we stock up our Grab and Go fridge daily so you can enjoy food on the go.
Do you run any regular events?
We run a regular programme of events in our café|bar including:
- Games Night: enjoy an evening of free board games every Thursday from 5pm
- Performance Poets: live poetry every first Thursday of the month from 7.30pm until 9.30pm
- Book Club: discuss the latest on our reading list on the last Thursday of the month from 7.30pm until 9pm
- Dinky Disco: a mini rave for little ones and grown ups alike! Advance booking essential. Keep an eye on our What's On page to find the latest dates.
- Exhibition launches - look out for our visual arts programme updated seasonally. Launch nights are free to attend, welcome to all, and include a complimentary drink on arrival.
- Jazz at the CUBE presented by Derby Jazz - a regular programme of live jazz in our café with the option to enjoy formal dining alongside. Not to be missed!
All these events are featured on the What's On page of our website. If you require further information, please don't hesitate to get in touch on 01332 370911.
- 5. Do you offer party packages?
Do you serve alcohol?
Yes, we are fully licensed with a selection of fine wines and real ales available. You must be 18 years or over to be served with a valid form of ID.
Do you offer free wifi?
Yes, we have free wi-fi onsite - just use the password displayed on our counter chalkboard to access (no need to log in either!)
How accessible is your venue and CUBE café|bar?
Our building is fully accessible with adapted toilet facilities, automatic doors, lifts, ramps and baby changing facilities.
For hard of hearing customers, the Theatre and Front of House area is fitted with an induction loop.
Guide Dogs and Hearing Dogs are welcome.Please download the full Access Statement for Déda (PDF) for complete information about our building. This information is correct as of November 2017.
Déda is committed to equality of access for all. We believe the attitude of our staff is as important as the physical accessibility of the building. If you wish to discuss your needs, please contact Efi Zouroulidi on 01332 370 911 or via email [email protected]
Where do you source your ingredients
We proudly support local business and source our produce as close to home as possible. Our suppliers ensure all of our ingredients are responsibly sourced, fresh and delicious:
- Greedy Pig Butchers of Allestree
- Zest Produce of Little Eaton
- The Hot Bread Shop of Allenton
- Cameo Cupcakes of Derby
- Fryers Coffeehouse of Barton-under-Needwood
- M&J Seafood of Smethwick
- Derby Brewing Company of Derby
Do you offer vegetarian, vegan and gluten free options?
We are proud to cater to a range of dietary requirements - our menus change seasonally and include vegan, vegetarian and dairy free options. Please inform a member of our team when ordering so that we can adjust your order accordingly. If you or have any food allergies please let us know when ordering.
Is there car parking at Déda?
Chapel Street Car park is located directly opposite Déda. This 500-space multi-storey is reasonably priced, with evening parking for just £1.40 (parking charges apply to disabled badge holders)
Please note that there are parking restrictions on the street outside Déda and cars parked on the street may be towed.
Visit our CUBE café for hot drinks and fresh, homemade food, that is good for the heart, soul and the mind.CUBE Café