We are looking for a new Chairperson to join our Board as we embark on building and strengthening Déda’s new vision and business strategy. An essential element of our plan is to support the Arts Council England’s Let's Create strategy by focussing on the four investment principles of: Ambition & Quality; Dynamism; Environmental Responsibility; and Inclusivity & Relevance.
The Chairperson has all the same duties as a Trustee with additional requirement to:
- Support Déda’s vision and strategy
- Have a supportive, robust and critical relationship with the CEO
- Be well-connected in their field of expertise and prepared to use those contacts to advocate for Déda; to increase Déda’s profile and reputation
- Be connected locally and/or nationally. (It is not essential to be based in Derby, but you need to have a connection to the city and be able to attend events)
- Chair meetings, manage the Board and the relationships between Trustees and staff
- Lead on due diligence
The Chairperson will also need to steer the development of new models and drive thinking, and growth in one or more of these four areas:
- Outdoor, site specific / street arts & festivals
- Inclusion and diversity
- Creative sector education
How to apply:
If you are interested in applying, please send us a brief expression of interest stating why you are interested in becoming a Déda Chairperson and what skills you think you would bring to the role.
- You can do this by sending an email or by creating a video link to the Company Secretary by 2 May 2022
- Please complete the Déda applications monitoring form here: https://www.surveymonkey.co.uk/r/dedaboard
If you would like to discuss this opportunity first, please email our Director, Steve Slater to arrange an informal chat.
Deadline: 2 May 2022