Contract type: Temporary 9-12 months
Hours: Flexible up to 24 hours a week
Pay: £13,073.03 at 24 hours (£17,077 FTE) - salaries to be reviewed in November 21
Location: Work from home or Déda
Responsible to: Head of Development
To have a key support role in the application processes for grant giving bodies and meeting fundraising targets.
Through contact with customers, promote the products, services and fundraising campaigns.
Key Responsibilities and Duties
- Researching grant giving bodies for suitable application opportunities and maintaining the Déda fundraising gift table.
- With the support of the Development Manager, to write applications to Trust and Foundations for small project funding.
- To provide an excellent example of good sales practice for the sales team when making the ask for donation add-ons directly to the customer.
- Champion fundraising with box office staff, identifying queries, noting customer feedback and communicating sales and fundraising initiatives and targets.
- To administer timely electronic thank-you messages to donors as part of a larger communications plan.
- Attend team meetings as appropriate.
- Regular attendance of events and projects.
- Represent the organisation and advocate its work at relevant local, regional and national networks and forums where appropriate.
This job description is a guide to the nature of the work required of the Fundraising Assistant. It is not wholly comprehensive or restrictive and may be reviewed with the post holder and the Head of Development as required.
- Knowledge of fundraising best practice and regulation
- Experience in the arts and charity sector
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent influencing and relationship building skills
- Strong interpersonal skills; a collaborative team player
- High level of computer literacy
- Attention to detail and the ability to follow through tasks
- A flexible approach and a willingness to work irregular and unsociable hours
- Resilience, particularly when faced with setbacks
- Willingness to carry out a range of administrative tasks
- Willingness to learn and undertake training
- Commitment to Déda’s goals and values
- Download the application form
- Email completed application form to Jess Boyle
- Complete this monitoring form
Deadline for applications 15 November 2021