Take Heart Coffee Morning
Café Bar Event
We are proud to host regular Take Heart coffee mornings. Take Heart is a British Heart Foundation affiliated self-help support group for heart patients, their families and carers who live in and around Derby. The Coffee Mornings are a great way to meet and socialise with people who understand. Formed in 1985, Take Heart are a self-help social support group who wish to promote the welfare and care of cardiac patients. They lend a sympathetic ear and supporting hand to the patient and their relatives and carers.
Hosted in the Déda café|bar where you can also enjoy our fresh, homemade food, sourced from local suppliers, that is good for the heart, soul and the mind.
31 May 2022 - 10:30 @ Deda - (opening time 10:30) Take Heart Coffee Morning
28 Jun 2022 - 10:30 @ Deda - (opening time 10:30) Take Heart Coffee Morning
26 Jul 2022 - 10:30 @ Deda - (opening time 10:30) Take Heart Coffee Morning
30 Aug 2022 - 10:30 @ Deda - (opening time 10:30) Take Heart Coffee Morning
27 Sep 2022 - 10:30 @ Deda - (opening time 10:30) Take Heart Coffee Morning
25 Oct 2022 - 10:30 @ Deda - (opening time 10:30) Take Heart Coffee Morning
29 Nov 2022 - 10:30 @ Deda - (opening time 10:30) Take Heart Coffee Morning
20 Dec 2022 - 10:30 @ Deda - (opening time 10:30) Take Heart Coffee Morning
Do you run any regular events?
We run a regular programme of events in our café|bar including:
- Games Night: enjoy an evening of free board games every Thursday from 5pm
- Performance Poets: live poetry every first Thursday of the month from 7.30pm until 9.30pm
- Book Club: discuss the latest on our reading list on the last Thursday of the month from 7.30pm until 9pm
- Dinky Disco: a mini rave for little ones and grown ups alike! Advance booking essential. Keep an eye on our What's On page to find the latest dates.
- Exhibition launches - look out for our visual arts programme updated seasonally. Launch nights are free to attend, welcome to all, and include a complimentary drink on arrival.
- Jazz night presented by Derby Jazz - a regular programme of live jazz in our café with the option to enjoy formal dining alongside. Not to be missed!
All these events are featured on the What's On page of our website. If you require further information, please don't hesitate to get in touch on 01332 370911.
Can I hire your space?
Yes, our café bar is available to hire for parties, conferences and events. Prices start from £50 + VAT per evening from 6pm* (terms and Conditions apply). We can tailor-make a menu to suit you and your guests or you can choose from one of our delicious catering packages.
For more information about hiring the Déda café|bar, contact us on 01332 374662 or via email
Do you offer free wifi?
Yes, we have free wi-fi onsite - just use the password displayed on our counter chalkboard to access (no need to log in either!)
What times is your Déda café|bar open?
Due to covid restrictions still affecting us please call our main number to check if we are open 01332 370 911 on the day of your visit
Our Déda café|bar is open as follows:
- Monday: closed
- Tuesday: 10am - 7pm
- Wednesday: 10am - 7.30pm
- Thursday: 10am - 7pm (open late on event nights)
- Friday: 9am - 5pm (open late on event nights)
- Saturday: 9am - 5pm (open late on event nights)
How accessible is your venue and Déda café|bar?
Our building is fully accessible with adapted toilet facilities, automatic doors, lifts, ramps and baby changing facilities.
For hard of hearing customers, the Theatre and Front of House area is fitted with an induction loop.
Guide Dogs and Hearing Dogs are welcome.Please download the full Access Statement for Déda (PDF) for complete information about our building. This information is correct as of November 2017.
Déda is committed to equality of access for all. We believe the attitude of our staff is as important as the physical accessibility of the building. If you wish to discuss your needs, please contact Efi Zouroulidi on 01332 370 911 or via email [email protected]
Where do you source your ingredients
We proudly support local business and source our produce as close to home as possible. Our suppliers ensure all of our ingredients are responsibly sourced, fresh and delicious:
- Greedy Pig Butchers of Allestree
- Zest Produce of Little Eaton
- The Hot Bread Shop of Allenton
- Cameo Cupcakes of Derby
- Fryers Coffeehouse of Barton-under-Needwood
- M&J Seafood of Smethwick
- Derby Brewing Company of Derby
Do you offer vegetarian, vegan and gluten free options?
We are proud to cater to a range of dietary requirements - our menus change seasonally and include vegan, vegetarian and dairy free options. Please inform a member of our team when ordering so that we can adjust your order accordingly. If you or have any food allergies please let us know when ordering.