Great place to go and eat. Always a very warm welcome. Staff friendly and efficientGoogle review
More than just great food and drink!
Your visit / Finding us / Access / FAQ's / About your visit / Déda Café
Here at the Déda café|bar we only serve fresh, homemade food, sourced from local suppliers, that is good for the heart, soul and the planet. Our extensive programme of events, classes and exhibitions means there will always be something different to entertain and delight. Make yourself at home.
Here are FOUR more reasons to choose the Déda café|bar to eat and drink:
1 - Our food and drinks are high quality, packed with nutrients and great tasting.
2 - We care about social issues. Our Donation Pot Soup (scroll down for more info) takes donations of fruit and vegetables from the community and turns it into a tasty soup for anyone that needs a warm meal and a warm space this winter. We are also starting a warm space programme in January, February and March 2023 with free food for the community (Tuesday and Friday).
3 - Eating with is us is great for the planet and the environment - find out more by reading our short blog on why our menu is plant based first
- We offer a 100% plant-based menu first so that you can make a choice to reduce your own carbon footprint, but can beef it up with meat, fish or dairy if you like. We are the only place we know of that offers a plant based first menu!
- We pledge to have reduced all our single use plastics and provide sustainable takeaway packaging by 2023
- We source locally to reduce our carbon footprint
- We recycle and compost any waste and give leftover food to good causes
- All our appliances are energy efficient to A or A+ ratings
4 - Every penny you spend in the café bar goes to support the arts and the people that benefit from what we do
We are open from Monday evenings through to Saturdays serving delicious food to eat in or takeaway. We are child and buggy friendly, have free Wi-Fi and a Visual Arts Exhibition adorning the walls. We are also fully licensed with a selection of fine wines and real ales.
Déda café|bar Events and Experiences - we programme a variety of regular events in our Déda café|bar. Keep an eye on our What's on calendar to find out what’s coming up.
We would love to hear about your time at the Déda café|bar. Tell us about it!
We proudly support local business and source our produce as close to home as possible. Our suppliers ensure all of our ingredients are responsibly sourced, fresh and delicious:
- Zest Produce of Little Eaton
- The Hot Bread Shop of Allenton
- Blooming Cakes of Allestree
- Derby Brewing Company of Derby
- Greedy Pig Butchers of Allestree