Learning & Artists / Higher Education / Déda in the Community / Déda in Education / Artists & Talent Development / Meet our Tutors
Déda is a key partner for Derby’s Cultural Education Partnership – Cultural Campus, which was developed in response to the Arts Council of England’s Cultural Education Challenge, launched in October 2015.
The partnership is steered by the education leads from the Arts Council England National Portfolio Organisations based in Derby: Déda, Derby Theatre, QUAD, Derby Museums, Sinfonia ViVA, Baby People, EMCCAN (East Midlands Caribbean Carnival Arts Network), Artcore, Derby and Derbyshire Music Partnership, with representation from the University of Derby and Derby City Council.
Our vision is to provide every child and young person with opportunities to thrive in our city and experience of a variety of culture in order to develop their skills, their life chances and fulfil their highest ambitions. Activities are targeted towards key areas:
- Children and young people with disabilities
- Alternative education provision
- Children and young people in care & care leavers
- Children and young people from disadvantaged areas of the city
- Social Mobility (through work with the Derby Opportunity Area)
- Broad and balanced curriculum (new Ofsted Framework)
- Spiritual, Moral, Social and Cultural development
Déda will support your pupils to thrive through high quality cultural experiences. We can help you evidence development against the New Ofsted framework and support your Arts Mark application.
Cultural Campus Days
Join us for an action-packed day at Déda to experience a variety of practical workshops of your choice to engage and inspire you can even have a bespoke dance and contemporary circus workshop in our aerial and acrobatics studio. We can cater for up to 120 students in a day. Choose from four options:
- Resilience and Wellbeing Day - A fantastic range of workshops to support a rich and rounded education promoting confidence and self-belief.
- Cross-curricular Day – We can design practical and engaging sessions that use the arts to deliver your curriculum from STEM to History.
- Careers Day - A practical insight into a whole range of careers in the creative industries
- Arts Day – Practical sessions into specific art forms across the Cultural Campus. This can also support the delivery of Arts Awards.
Cost: please enquire through contacting [email protected]
Déda supports dance and arts in schools. We can help support your school Artsmark journey or deliver after school club provision.Education Support