Support Us / Why Support Déda / Fundraising Appeals / Name a Seat / Friends & Patrons / Leave a Legacy / Volunteering / Supporting Artists / Corporate Opportunities / Our Funders & Supporters / Make a Donation
Plus One is part of Derby’s Cultural Education Partnership and has been recognised as an award winning scheme that provides exciting opportunities for care experienced children and young people from across Derby and Derbyshire. Plus One is an inclusive, safe and creative programme that allows young people to discover and explore their talents as well as meeting new friends and most importantly, have fun through a range of creative experiences.
We are delighted to be able to provide free arts experience and tickets on selected shows to Plus One young people to enjoy with their foster families, carers and friends. This is made possible by public donations and funding from Trusts and Foundations.
You can make a donation to the Plus One scheme here and also when booking tickets for Derby Theatre or QUAD. We will ensure that all donations to the Plus One Scheme go to activities and events which benefit children in care and their carers.
Emma, Plus One
It nurtures our talents... it doesn't care about our past, only our futures
Be a part of Plus One
Plus one has been designed specifically for young people in care and care leavers up to the age of 25. To access the scheme you will need to become a member, please contact Katie Turner via: [email protected] to request a Plus One membership form. Once you have completed and returned your form, you will receive a Plus One membership card and a newsletter of all our upcoming Plus One offers. You can then book tickets over the phone or in person using your membership number.
There are many ways to be a part of Plus One. Below is a list of some of the opportunities available for children and young people and their carers when accessing the scheme.
- Free Tickets Up to 4 free tickets on Plus One selected shows & films at Déda, Derby Theatre & QUAD. Please note at least one looked-after child must be present at each show or film.
- Plus One Newsletter Receive the seasonal Plus One Newsletter with all the opportunities and listed shows, films, classes and workshops
- Plus One Projects Your young person will be invited to attend our Plus One half-term projects
- Creative Mentoring Programme Plus One runs a Creative Mentoring programme for young people who would benefit from one to one support. This is a twelve week referral programme which supports a young person to work with a creative mentor of their choice.
- Work Experience We can provide young people with bespoke work experiences in a variety of cultural settings across Derby city.
If you want to find out more about being part of the Plus One scheme, with tickets, classes or workshops at Déda then get in touch with Rachel Austin from our Dance Development and Learning team: [email protected]
Donate to Plus One
By donating to Déda you enable us to deliver projects that enrich people’s lives with dance and the arts. Thank you.Donate to Plus One