How Déda can help support your Artsmark Journey
Learning & Artists / Higher Education / Déda in the Community / Déda in Education / Artists & Talent Development / Meet our Tutors
Déda is a member of the national Artsmark Partnership Programme and we want to support your Artsmark journey. We can do this in the following ways:
- Support your school leaders to work out how the arts and cultural education can help with your school improvement plan, striving for excellence and innovation in and through the arts
- Co-design your curriculum with you to make it exciting, engaging and inspiring for children and young people
- Enable you and other staff members to feel confident to try out new approaches to teaching and learning using the arts through bespoke CPD, training and mentoring
- Facilitate the active involvement of children and young people from your settings in the co-design of their cultural education experiences, including helping you with developing belonging and ownership as well as enabling children’s personal progression through opportunities such as Arts Award.
- Provide a range of experiences in dance and contemporary circus for the children and young people in your settings, which are authentic, positive and inclusive
- Ensure that we are working in partnership to provide high quality arts experiences for all children and young people, including those with protected characteristics and those of greatest need.
- Work with you on shared values such as promoting a diverse and lifelong love of learning and enjoyment of the arts and culture
- Act as a sign post to our own and other arts and cultural activities and providers in your locality, including opportunities offered by the organisations in Derby’s Cultural Campus and in the wider East Midlands region
We can provide the most varied, fun and exciting experiences through our After School Club provision. We can offer sessions in many areas, including:
- Contemporary Circus
Cost: £55 an hour +VAT, or £45 an hour + VAT if the pupils are in receipt of Pupil Premium.
Maximum number: 25 students per session. A minimum of 5 sessions must be booked
Please contact us to find out more information and how to apply.
Derby College Creative Arts Employer Academy
As a Creative Arts Employer Academy, Déda has joined Derby College's latest initiative to match students with local businesses and organisations – providing them with work experience, special projects, masterclasses and mentoring.
Our involvement in this innovative and exciting initiative is designed to to broaden students’ employability skills and career opportunities across the creative arts industry.
Derby College Performing Arts students, based at the Joseph Wright Centre, are already making full use of our dance studios. As well as rehearsing and performing as part of their BTEC level two and three courses, students have been involved in various projects with us including the annual Derby Festé.
We are facilitating their learning as they gain teaching experience with our Youth groups - including working with children and young people aged four to 19 years, in a range of styles, techniques, genres and artistic forms from Ballet to Youth Acrobatics.
We would be happy to discuss and design with you a creative project, working towards producing a specific outcome that suits your school needs. This could be a performance, film, exhibition, dance piece or perhaps your own research project.
Derby Cultural Education Partnership
Déda is a key part of the Cultural Campus in Derby working hard to provide every child and young person with opportunities to thrive.Derby Cultural Education Partnership
Donate to Little Steps
By donating to Déda you enable us to deliver projects that enrich people’s lives with dance and the arts. Thank you.Donate to Little Steps